Do you ever wonder that instead of having a single salary, you can make money from your hobbies, at other jobs, or by starting your own business? if you have only one salary, you might be left with nothing should your employer run into trouble, leaving you in a position of fragility. On the other hand, if you have several options and lose your primary job, it might just happen that you end up dedicating more time to your secondary job, and maybe even make more money at it.
The prices of human necessities have escalated and surviving on a single income can be difficult considering today’s economy.
Having a primary and secondary occupation is necessary in today’s world with all the risks related to your primary job. Creating more options will only lead to happy career life. One such secondary job you can look up to is the Stock Market. It is the smartest and, if implemented effectively, the most productive alternative for a secondary income.
What is the stock market?
- A Stock market or equity market is a combination of buyers and sellers of stock (also known as shares) which represent ownership claims on businesses. Investments are made such as shares of private companies that are sold to investors through equity crowdfunding platforms. And the Stock Exchange is where the traders buy and sell shares. In a stock market to sell and buy shares on companies, it requires the two parties to agree on a price.
- The stock exchange or commodities exchange also involves traders shouting bid and offering prices.
- A potential buyer quotes a specific price for a stock or commodity, and a seller asks for a specific price for the same stock. Buying or selling at the stalk market means you will accept any ask price or bid price for a stock. When the bid and ask price match, a sale takes place, on a first-come, first-serve basis if there are multiple bidders for the same stock.
What is Zerodha?
Zerodha is a stock trading company that was set up on the 15th of August 2010 with the goal of breaking all the barriers that traders and stock investors face in India. The company was branded as “Zerodha” based on a Sanskrit word which is a combination of Zero and “Rodha” meaning barrier.
Today it is one of the biggest stock brokers in India with active retail clients. In addition to stock trading, they also run several popular online educational and community initiatives to inspire and empower traders and investors.
They are always up to something new and productive every day. Their blog zerodha.com has some latest updates on the stock trading and stock market.
Over 3 million clients are investing in the powerful ecosystem of investment platforms contributing to over 15% of the economy.
There launched various products where they are selling and investing in technology. They are a sleek, modern, and intuitive trading platform:
- Kite: It is a trading and investment platform for modern-day technologies. It has excellent usability with the stock trading and investing in the stock markets. It provides an easy way to invest.
- Console: By creating your account on the Zerodha platform, you get an in-depth analysis of your trade and investment.
- Kite Connect API: An application to build powerful trading platforms. Mainly for entrepreneurs and start-ups to build a full-fledged trading/investment platform with the ability to execute orders in real-time, manage user portfolio, steam live market data, and so on.
- Varsity mobile: Helps you learn about the current stock market which is easy to grasp. The contents are broken down in to bite-size cards to help you learn.
What they believe in is,” Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life”.
More about Zerodha:
- In April 2019, Zerodha launches its varsity app.
- February 2020, Zerodha applies for a mutual fund license.
- Zerodha had 17,500 clients trading on the Indian stock exchange in 2014. Recently it touched 8.4 lakh clients, becoming India’s top brokerage firm.
- The co-founder Nithin grew up in Bangalore, where the Bangalore stock exchange was electronic and fast-moving. So, he started trading at an early age. He started to employ himself at call centres during the night and continued trade during the day to build up his trade portfolio. To further gain the experience he became a sub-broker for Reliance Money. The unfortunate crashing of the market led him to establish Zerodha in 2008.
Starting with a small office of 30 individuals, Zerodha is now one of the leading financial service companies in India. It is headquartered at Bangalore . Today, the user-friendly platform for trading has over 800,000 daily users, contributing to 15 % of overall trading in India.