Who is a Dentist?
Before choosing career as Dentist, it is important to know who is a dentist ? A Dentist or Dental Doctor specializes in dentistry, the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity. The dentist provides oral health services with proper treatment by using different methodologies. Dentists never work alone; they have teams like dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental technicians, dental therapists, etc
Why Do We Need a Dentist ??
As we know that day by day oral health problems are very much increasing. It causes lots of problems for human beings. Sometimes when this problem becomes critical this starts the problem of very heavy pain that no human being can bear it.
Therefore, Dentists are the ones who can handle the pain by doing different kinds of treatments, changing the habitats of eating foods, etc to recover all these oral problems. To carry out these problems and oral hazards dentist carry out all the possible tasks whatever possible to recover it such as restorative, orthodontics, prosthodontic, endodontic therapy (i.e. root canal treatment [RCT]), periodontal therapy and oral surgery, as well as performing examinations. Such as taking x-rays if the condition that is cannot detectable directly and diagnosis.
Moreover, Dentists also provide medications such as antibiotics, fluorides, pain killers, local anesthetics, and many more that are used in the treatment of the various conditions that arise in oral health.
Different Types of Career in Dentistry
Following are the different types of Dentist :
- General Dentist
- A general dentist is also known as a family dentist or common dentist who takes care of oral health regularly.
- Thus, the general dentist tasks are regular dental cleanings, dental X-rays, and educating patients about proper at-home oral care.
- You may know orthodontists as the ones who install braces. But their care extends more than the other dentists.
- Additionally, These are concerned with righting misaligned teeth, jawbones. And the other supporting facial structures for cosmetic as well as functional reasons.
- These periodontists are concerned with preventing, diagnosing, and treating various gum issues.
- This can include treating extreme gum inflammation and pain, diagnosing and treating extreme gum disease, installing dental implants. Also, they perform cosmetic skin grafting on gums.
- These dentists are responsible for providing oral prostheses that replace damaged, decayed, or missing teeth. Also carry out for both cosmetic reasons and cases of traumatic reconstruction.
- This includes crowns, bridges, dentures, tooth implants, and veneers.
- These dentists are responsible for the treatment of the inner part of the tooth.For example rots of the teeth which can only be treated by the endodontist, only an experienced dentist can do these treatments.
- The required treatment is known as a root canal, which is probably the most common procedure.
Career As Dentist
Undoubtedly, career as a Dentist or a Dental Doctor is a Good Option. Dentists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the mouth, teeth, and gums. Along with performing extractions, root canals, and tooth replacements. Dentists provide preventive care and oral hygiene advice. Dentists also help patients to minimize pain during procedures. Moreover, they can perform and examine x-rays of the mouth.
So, these professionals may practice general dentistry or work in a specialized area.
–Steps to Become a dentist
- Enroll in a Bachelor’s Degree Program (like BDS)
- Take the Dental Admission Test
- Earn a Dental Degree
- Obtain License
- Consider a Specialization
–Scope Of Career as a Dentist
Definately, due to increase in the problems and lots of health hazards, the scope of the dentist is very important in several areas. Not only the problems but most of the people want to upgrade their teeth to become smarter in public. From time to time examine the oral hygiene like in children, adults increases the demand for the Dentist. Thus, we can say that the scope of dentists can be seen to be over and it has a lot of scope in the coming years.
But it just needs hard work and a fixed goal to achieve it by preparing for entrance exams. We can also try by concentrating and clearing the entrance exams to get enroll into the best colleges or in universities. An Individual must have good skills of work, communication for getting the jobs at good places to be a dentist.
-Income in Dentist Career
For the good achievement, the BDS is enough to be successful and able to work. He can give a treatment according to the interest in different types of Dentist that can be able to get the salary up to Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1 lakh per month. But if you want to research in that particular field or you want to go for the professor in Dental then you must have an MDS degree. this will also has a very big scope and a dentist can earn up to Rs. 80,000 to 2 lakh per month.
Thus, career as dentist is a nice option.
Some Popular Personalities who chose career as Dentist
- Dr. Tarun Giroti: CEO of Sterling Dental Clinic
- Dr. Karishma Jaradi: Aesthetic Dentist, Dentzz Dental
- Dr. Vandana Sehgal: Specialises in cosmetic dentistry, Medanta
- Dr. Hetal Turakhia: Co-Founder, Beyond Smiles Dental Pvt. Ltd
- Dr. Anjan Shah: Oral & Maxillofacial surgeon, Columbia Hospitals.
All the best for your Career, Success is waiting for you, Go and Grab it.
You can also read other businesses you can do with your hobbies lying within our category Earn from Hobbies or You can go through other career options here. Don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.